The Lucy Josephine Bagot Prize
Whereas the University has received from Walter Hervey Bagot the sum of $1,000* for the purpose of founding, in memory of his mother, a prize for operatic singing, it is hereby provided that:
- There shall be an annual prize called ‘The Lucy Josephine Bagot Prize'.
- The value of the prize shall be not less than $300.
- The prize shall be awarded on the recommendation of the Director of the Elder Conservatorium to the student of the Elder Conservatorium who shows the greatest ability in the performance of an approved operatic aria, together with a general knowledge of the opera concerned.
- If there is no candidate who shows sufficient merit, the prize shall lapse for that year, but in such event an additional prize may be awarded in a subsequent year.
- These rules may be varied from time to time, but the title and general purpose of the prize shall not be changed.
*Increased in 1973, by capitalisation of accumulated income, to $1,100.